Garry Flemings established Midwest Project Management. His long study of software development organizations and their behavior will help your business. Since 1992, he has always worked in Information Technology and in program or project management. In that time, he has worked in government and industry; large companies and small; systems and application software development; IT infrastructure; large projects and small; consulting and employee; and employee, manager, and mentor. He builds consensus. He encourages change without exceeding the organization's tolerance.
Garry maintains these credentials:
- Professional Software Engineering Master since 2005 (PSEM is successor to Certified Software Development Professional, CSDP, both by IEEE Computer Society). He was the first person in Nebraska to earn PSEM.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM, by Scrum Alliance) since 2008.
Garry was a Project Management Professional (PMP) for 20 years (1998 to 2017). He maintains status as a PMP (Retired). He was among the first ten percent of today's PMPs to attain that credential.
We hope you have attended one of Garry's classes or workshops. He frequently teaches and speaks about project management and software engineering.
- He spoke three times at Infotec (an annual IT-oriented convention in Omaha), receiving excellent reviews.
- He spoke to a monthly meeting of the Project Management Institute Heartland Chapterand at their ProDev (Professional Development Day).
- He has spoken at several of the PMI Heartland Chapter project management Study Groups. These groups are excellent ways to learn some project management and to network with both other attendees and with PMPs volunteering their time.
- He organized a five week review of the PMI Standard for Program Management.
- He enjoys teaching for Nebraska Business Development Center (part of UNO's College of Business Administration).
Garry is active in Omaha professional organizations, having served many leadership roles in the PMI Heartland Chapter (including Chapter President). He attends meetings of Omaha Agile Development, the Omaha chapter of CompTIA Association of Information Technology Professionals, and many Meetup groups.
At the end of 2009, PMI Heartland Chapter recognized Garry as their Volunteer of the Year.
Garry maintains memberships in:
- Project Management Institute and their Heartland Chapter (Omaha and Council Bluffs)
- IEEE Computer Society
- CompTIA Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Scrum Alliance
- Omaha Agile Development
Garry writes (could write more!) in a blog about his experiences in Information Techology.